I've been thinking a lot about bars. As you know, darling pea, I'm going to get married in a bar, in a raucous, crazy party, the highlights of which will include M.C. Pea giving us her blessing and T.D. breaking up brawling groomsmen without breaking a sweat. I visit this bar periodically (there's a popcorn machine!!!), scoping out the prime location for a towering, gooey cake, wondering where my mormon grandmother will faint with dismay at the gin-soaked spectacle. This has, to my amusement, become a bar-hopping paradigm for me. Each new space I enter to have a drink becomes a place where I imagine myself getting married, sometimes with hilarious results. Play along, if you will, next time you go to the Twilight Lounge. It occurs to me that this is a fun game for any public space. Which leads to the obvious question...
Where would Pea + Pea wedding take place?
- Hires Big H. (Onion ring bearers and fry sauce toasts)
- Magnolia Bakery (We dress up like cupcakes and paint rings on with frosting)
- LNCO (This one's all about the photocopies of our butts)
- PF Chang's (Soothing BEAVER Wrap)
- Natural History Museum (in front of the wall of Turtles! Duh!!!!)
- Anywhere in Baltimore (our very own John Waters film)
The possibilities are endless. As we both already have wedding plans, we should perhaps instead start a company based on organizing hopelessly obscure and obnoxious theme weddings. I'll start work on the design for our business cards...
Your enterprising pea
P.S. apropos of nothing....check THIS out!