(I'm in a grateful pondering mood this morning)
When I stop thinking, for just one second, that I know everything about everything, I realize that I am surrounded by people who know a lot of shit that I don't. I know this is something I should have learned when I was 5, along with how to share, but I'm a late bloomer-- on both accounts. Most recent revelations:
- Amanda knows how I can add volume to my roots.
- Andrea knows some really cool stuff about babies learning sign language.
- Mindy knows all about haunted places in the city.
- Lindsay knows what working in a state psychiatric hospital was like in the 70's.
- Lindsay also knows how to inspect patients' genitals for crabs (with a flashlight and a magnifying glass)
- Sarah knows everything I've ever needed/wanted to know about reproductive health, especially about std's, pregnancy, and the variations in appearance of women's beavers.
- Oh, and Mindy knows how I can wear a button-down shirt without my boobs popping out.
- My dad knows how to explain NASDAQ to me. Except I never remember, so every few years, I ask him to refresh me.
- Pat knows how to do a thousand things a day and look like she just woke up, ready for a new day. It's seriously weird. Cyborg?
- Ingrid knows about timeless, comfortable, lovely shoes. It's completely mysterious how she knows this.
- My mom knows how to throw a great dinner party.
- Rob knows how to gut just about any animal. That always comes in handy for me.
- Darren knows firsthand about the child sex industry in Thailand. He also knows how to do something significant about it.
- How to get to the front of the line legitimately.
- How academia can fuck a person up and how to soothe me/herself through it.
- How to be super-cute like a fuzzy bunny.
- How to knit and sew things.
- How to tell people off if they need it.
- How to get good service in a restaurant.
- and one million other things that have been invaluable to me...
Now it's time for lunch and though I could meditate for hours, I really need to nourish myself. I know a lot of things about eating. And mysterious diseases with vague symptoms.